- This event has passed.
Virtual State Swim Meet
April 23, 2021 - April 30, 2021
VIRTUAL SWIM MEET
STEP 1: PRE-TRAINING/COMPETING DOCUMENTS
To participate in the 2021 Virtual Swim Meet, please contact your local swim facility to schedule pool time(s). Prior to training and competing in the virtual swim meet, please review and comply with Special Olympics Maine’s Return to Play Protcols (in addition to the procedures and rules at the local swim facility)
Athlete Requirements for Participation
Coaches/Staff/Volunteers for Participation
- COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct forms
- Head Coach that is present at training to complete COVID-19 Response Person form
- Head Coach that is present at training to complete Screening/Tracking form
NOTE: COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct forms only need to be completed once
Masks must be worn at all times (except when in the pool).
On the pool deck, masks are required until entry into the water.
Please bring a small plastic bag to store masks when not in use!
STEP 2: CHOOSING YOUR EVENTS
Athletes can choose to compete in 2 events in 1 ability level
- LEVEL 1
- 15m Assisted, 25m Assisted
- *Click here to review in-pool protocols for Level 1
- LEVEL 2
- 15m Flotation, 25m Flotation
- *Click here to review in-pool protocols for Level 2
- LEVEL 3
- 15m Unassisted Swim
- *Click here to review in-pool protocols for Level 3
- LEVEL 4
- 25m, 50m & 100m Freestyle
- 25m, 50m & 100m Backstroke
- 25m, 50m & 100m Breaststroke
- 25m, 50m, & 100m Butterfly
- 4x25m Traditional Relay
- 4x25m Unified Relay
- *Click here to review in-pool protocols for Level 4
STEP 3: SUBMITTING YOUR TIMES
On Friday, April 23rd Special Olympics Maine will be releasing the “Time/Results Form” for coaches to submit athlete/partner swim event times.
Please make sure you complete the submission form by April 30th
*Link will be shared on 4/23*