“Back to the Beach”
New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2022
Old Orchard Beach – in front of The Brunswick
Special Olympics Maine is inviting you back to the beach and to take the “Lobster Dip” for a great cause. Since 1988, Lobster Dippers have come together for a fun event and to raise much need funds for Special Olympics Maine. 2021 has been a trying year for most, including Special Olympics Maine and your support is needed to kick-off 2022 now, more than ever!
We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip”!
Each participant must register in advance and fundraise a minimum of $100. Those who do, will receive the official 2022 commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Participate as an individual or form a team (5+ participants)! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised—ALSO grand prizes for top fundraiser & top team!
Choose your option to participate below:
- Lobster Dip – take the “Dip” in-person on January 1st at The Brunswick. *CDC guidelines and state gathering protocols will be adhered to*
- Virtually Lobster Dip or Lobster Roll (roll in the snow) – For those that prefer not to gather on January 1st, individuals will have the option to take the “Dip” or “Roll” elsewhere (choice of location, at their own risk) on or before January 1st.
How to Register:
Any dipper who raises the following receives a… (view all incentive items here)
- $100-$249: Commemorative 2022 Lobster Dip T-shirt
- $250-$499: ¼ Zip or Hoodie
- $500-$999: Quilted Jacket (male) & Soft shell jacket (female)
- $1,000 or more: Ultralight Down Jacket
- Top Lobster – top INDIVIDUAL participant (Dipper or Roller) raising the most money over $1,000: 25 Liver Lobsters*
- Top Lobster Pot – Team of 5 or more dippers who raise the most money over $2,500: 50 Live Lobsters*
*Prize to be claimed between July – August 2022
How to Support:
Don’t want to take the dip but still want to support? Donate Today – support an individual dipper, a team or the event!
Share your fundraising page and let your family, friends, co-workers and your entire network know you are taking the Lobster Dip on your social media. Download one of our Lobster Dip icons below and link them to your personal, or team, Panorama site to help us promote the event, support your fundraising efforts, and help recruit team members.
#LobsterDip2022 #BackToTheBeach #SpecialOlympicsMaine
- The Lobster Dip will be entirely outside and will adhere to COVID 19 CDC safety protocol and guidelines.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out and clothes to change into in your vehicle –no changing areas.