To: Special Olympics Maine Swimming and Athletic Coaches
From: Lauren Lessard , SOME
Date: May 7, 2018
RE: Team USA 2019 World Summer Games Athlete Registration Forms/Deadlines
Special Olympics Maine has been assigned the following (2) Athlete Quotas for the 2019 Special Olympics World Summer Games, to be held in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.:
Swimming – 1 Male – Athlete must be able to compete at Category 2 Level
- Athlete may enter a maximum of two (2) individual events and one (1) relay
- Events Selection –25m butterfly, 25m backstroke, 25m Breaststroke, 50m butterfly, 50m breaststroke, 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke, 100m freestyle, 4x25m freestyle relay, 4x50m freestyle relay, 4x50m medley relay, 4x100m freestyle relay, 4x100m medley relay
Athletics – 1 Female – Athlete must be able to compete at Level 3
- Event Selection –400m run, 800m run, 1500m run, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, shot put, running long jump
2019 Team USA Athlete Application – 2019 World Summer Games Athlete Application
In addition, athletes MUST meet all the individual criteria for selection to Team USA – Including:
- Must have won a gold, silver or bronze medal in the sport in which they qualified during 2016 or 2017 State Competitions.
- Must attend all training as outlined by SOME. This may require athletes to be away from family and work.
- Attend the National Training Camp at the University of Delaware scheduled for September 17-21, 2018.
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must be able to obtain a physical/physician’s signature on a World Summer Games Medical Form.
- Must be able to stay away from family and job/school, for approximately a 2-week period to attend the Games and Host Town (approximately March 6 – 23, 2019)
- Must meet all other selection criteria as outlined in the Athlete Selection Criteria of the Team USA Athlete Registration.
- All Athlete Nomination Forms (included with this memo) must be submitted in their entirety to Mark, by the deadline of Monday, June 4th !
Please do not apply to be a Team USA Athlete, UNLESS you can meet ALL requirements included with the application.
Again, Athlete Applications MUST be submitted in their entirety to Mark, by the deadline of Monday, June 4th.
Applications can be emailed, email@example.com, faxed, 1-888-490-0672 or mailed:
Special Olympics Maine
125 John Roberts Road – #5
South Portland, ME 04106