Come join the fun and do something “cool” while supporting a great cause! The 7th annual “Ice Out Plunge”, to benefit Special Olympics Maine has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 19th – hosted by the Winthrop American Legion & Auxiliary, the Town of Winthrop and the Maine Law Enforcement Torch Run. As you can imagine it is hard to hold an Ice Out Plunge without ice on Maranacook Lake but we have come up with a creative new way to make this event a reality…
“Ice Out Plunge Dumpster Dive 2020”
All plungers will jump into a lined dumpster filled with clean, crisp ice water!
Participants are required to raise a MINIMUM of $100.00 to participate and will receive the official premium, performance blend, long-sleeved commemorative “Ice Out Plunge Dumpster Dive” t-shirt. Additional incentives are available based on additional monies raised.
THIS EVENT WILL BE CONDUCTED WITH EVERY PARTICIPANTS’ SAFETY IN MIND-FIRST & FOREMOST WE WILL FOLLOW ALL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE MAINE CDC’S RECOMMENDATIONS AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT. MORE INFO TO COME AS CONDITIONS CHANGE OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.
Here are the Specifics for the 2020 Event:
- What: Annual “Ice Out
PlungeDumpster Dive” to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: Saturday, September 19 @ 12 Noon sharp to plunge!
- Where: Winthrop American Legion Post 40 Hall, 117 Bowdoin Street, Winthrop
Check-in will be held that morning from 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Post Plunge Party: Winthrop American Legion Hall – All are invited – FREE buffet and CASH Bar (if COVID-19 protocols allow)
Here’s How to Participate:
- Individuals – Raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (additional incentives & prizes apply)
- Teams – Form a Team! (5 or more plungers – each team member must raise the minimum $100.00). Choose a team name and register under that name. (additional incentives & prizes apply)
- Don’t want to dip but still want to support? Donate Today! – Donate today by going to www.firstgiving.com/event/someletr/ICE-OUT-PLUNGE-2020 and click the donate button.
- All Individuals who have raised (and turned in) funds to date will receive credit for those funds along with additional funds raised
2-Steps to Register Properly:
- Step 1 – Setup an online Personal Fundraising Page:
- Go to firstgiving.com/event/someletr/ICE-OUT-PLUNGE-2020
- Click Register!
- Start Fundraising!
- Step 2 – Check-in:
All plungers must be properly registered & check-in prior to participate (to register properly, you must raise a MINIMUM of $100.00). Turn in your money raised at check-in, along with your signed release form (enclosed in this packet). You will then receive your plunge “bracelet” and your commemorative, premium long-sleeved t-shirt. NOTE: Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised (see additional info enclosed). GRAND PRIZES will also be awarded for the top individual and top team fundraising totals (certain requirements apply)!
Ice Out Plunge Registration Packet
- 2020 Ice Out Dumpster Dive Release Form – all participants must turn in a release form when the check-in
- 2020 Ice Out Dumpster Dive Pledge Sheet
- 2020 Ice Out Dumpster Dive Incentives
- 2020 Ice Out Dumpster Dive Poster
Helpful Tips to Plungers:
- Plan to arrive early to park and check-in.
- Costumes are encouraged
- “Gang style” changing areas will be available before and after the plunge (gender specific).
- Bring something to wear on your feet when entering the water (water shoes/old sneakers).
- Also bring a beach towel, blanket, bathrobe for when you exit the water. – Don’t forget to bring your funds raised and your Firstgiving page (total raised printout) to check-in.