Come join the fun and do something “cool” while supporting a great cause! The 7th annual “Ice Out Plunge” to benefit Special Olympics Maine will be held Saturday, March 14th – hosted by the Winthrop American Legion & Auxiliary, the Town of Winthrop and the Maine Law Enforcement Torch Run.
Participants are required to raise a MINIMUM of $100.00 to participate and will receive the official premium, performance blend, long-sleeved commemorative “Ice Out Plunge” t-shirt. Additional incentives are available based on additional monies raised.
Here are the Specifics for the 2020 Event:
- What: Annual “Ice Out Plunge” to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: Saturday, March 14th @ 12 Noon sharp to plunge!
- Where: Winthrop Town Beach at Maranacook Lake
Check-in will be held that morning from 9:30 – 11:30 am at the Winthrop American Legion Post 40 Hall, 117 Bowdoin Street, Winthrop
- Post Plunge Party: Winthrop American Legion Hall – All are invited – FREE buffet and CASH Bar
Here’s How to Participate:
- Individuals – Raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (additional incentives & prizes apply)
- Teams – Form a Team! (5 or more plungers – each team member must raise the minimum $100.00). Choose a team name and register under that name. (additional incentives & prizes apply)
Don’t want to dip but still want to support? Donate Today! – Donate today by going to www.firstgiving.com/event/someletr/ICE-OUT-PLUNGE-2020 and click the donate button.
2-Steps to Register Properly:
- Step 1 – Setup an online Personal Fundraising Page:
- Go to firstgiving.com/event/someletr/ICE-OUT-PLUNGE-2020
- Click Register!
- Start Fundraising!
- Step 2 – Check-in:
All dippers must check-in prior to participating in the Ice Out Plunge.
All plungers must be properly registered & check-in prior to participate (to register properly, you must raise a MINIMUM of $100.00). Turn in your money raised at registration, along with your signed release form (enclosed in this packet). You will then receive your plunge “bracelet” and your commemorative, premium long-sleeved t-shirt. NOTE: Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised (see additional info enclosed). GRAND PRIZES will also be awarded for the top individual and top team fundraising totals (certain requirements apply – see additional info enclosed)!
Ice Out Plunge Registration Packet
- 2020 Ice Out Release Form – all participants must turn in a release form when the check-in
- 2020 Ice Out Plunge Pledge Sheet
- 2020 Ice Out Plunge Incentives & Prices
- 2020 Ice Out Plunge Poster
Helpful Tips to Plungers:
- Plan to arrive early to park and check-in.
- Costumes are encouraged
- “Gang style” changing areas will be available before and after the plunge (gender specific).
- Bring something to wear on your feet when entering the water (water shoes/old sneakers).
- Also bring a beach towel, blanket, bathrobe for when you exit the water. – Don’t forget to bring your funds raised and your Firstgiving page (total raised printout) to check-in.