- This event has passed.
2021 PPH Virtual 10 Pin Bowling
October 4 - October 20
Event Date: October 4th thru October 20, 2021
Registration Due: September 28th
Location: Family Fun Lanes
Event Chair: Sue Uhlenhake
GMS: Christina Ehrhard
We had hoped to be in person this year, however Penobscot, Piscataquis & Hancock County currently remain in the significant risk category for Return to Play. Therefore our PPH Area bowling event will again be held virtually, from Monday 10/4 thru Wednesday 10/20. Participants will be required to follow all new Return to Play protocols during training and competition. Teams will be able to choose a day during the two weeks to bring their athletes to the bowling alley, and bowl two games. Their scores will then be submitted to us online. Qualifying scores will not be required to register.
- Individual Bowling
- Ramp Bowling
- Assisted Ramp Bowling
- Unified Team Bowling (2 athletes & 2 Unified Partners)
Dates: Monday 10/4 thru Wednesday 10/20
- Times: The bowling lanes are open: Monday at 12, Tuesday at 11am, Wednesday at 12, Thursday at 9am and Friday at 11am.
- If you are a group of 15 or larger, please call Family Fun Lanes to schedule your team. There is limited morning availability.
Please note that the safety of all involved is our priority. Please read the below information in its entirety and contact us with any questions.
Instructions and links to all online forms are below and will also be available on the somaine.org calendar of events.
New Return to Play Protocols:
As of 8/17/21,we are no longer using “‘phases” of return to play. We are now basing return to play on community covid rates and risk categories. Return to Play information can be found on somaine.org under Resources or by clicking here:
It is very important that if you are holding practices and planning to attend an event, even in this “virtual” sense that these protocols are understood and followed and that you are aware of which risk category the county is in.
Use this link to check the 7-Day Rolling Average Case Rate for our counties here: (scroll down to the US map and hover over Maine or type in the county in the search bar.) https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/
Requirements for Participation in the Virtual Bowling Event:
To conduct the virtual bowling event, teams authorized to conduct in-person activities must complete the following:
- Step 1: Complete PPH Area Virtual 10 Pin Bowling HOD Registration Form by 9/28
- Step 2: Complete PPH Area Virtual 10 Pin Bowling Athlete & Unified Team Registration Form by 9/28
- Step 3: Read through Special Olympics Maine’s Return to Play Guidelines & Protocols
- Step 4: Complete ALL required forms below for Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers & Partners prior to the event.
1) COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct & Risk Assessment Form (ALL)
2) COVID-19 Waiver (ALL)
3) Medical (Athletes Only)
4) Volunteer A/Unified Partner (Coaches, Volunteers, Partners Only)
5) COVID-19 Point of Contact/Response Person (HOD or Head Coach that will be present during the event)
Scan To: MikeL@somaine.org Fax To: 1-888-490-0672
Mail To: Special Olympics Maine, 525 Main Street Unit D, South Portland, ME 04106
Important Information for Participants:
If Penobscot County (the host county) remains in the significant risk category of >15 covid cases per 100,000 and your team has less than an 80% vaccination rate, the following will apply during training and competition:
- Indoor gathering of 50 participants or less at a time
- Teams do not need to reserve a time block with us, however we are recommending you check in with Family Fun Lanes prior to setting up transportation, especially if you have a team of 15 or more.
- Everyone (athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff) MUST wear a mask upon arrival, departure, and during on lane activities. Individuals should bring their own mask.
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer throughout bowling games
- Bowling Balls: 1 ball/athlete (keep ball at lane at all times). Staff at Family Fun Lanes will sanitize balls after games are completed
- Maintain social distance. Ensure 6 people or less at each lane (including athletes, coaches, and volunteers). Spaced every other lane as able
- Spectators are not permitted (unless an athlete requires additional assistance from a caregiver that can’t be accommodated by a coach/volunteer.)
- Written confirmation of no symptoms for all participants & recommended onsite temperature checks. Click here for a screening & tracking template
- Education on symptoms and reminders to stay home if sick or any symptoms. No participation within 10 days of COVID positive test and 7 days of any symptoms.
If your team has a vaccination rate of >80% (including ALL athletes, coaches, staff, and unified partners) and Penobscot County has a covid case rate <50, your team may follow the Return to Play protocols for the low risk category. We will be asking for vaccination status for all participants as part of registration and can help your team determine if this would apply to you. (please note that a “prefer not to answer” response will count as not vaccinated)
Virtual Bowling Event Score Submission:
Scores are to be submitted by 10/21.
After completion of 2 games, both scores will be submitted to the Penobscot Area Management Team using the score submission link here. Athletes will then be divisioned by event, age group and score. Leaderboards will be posted on social media with top scores in each group. Participation Certificates will be available at Family Fun Lanes for athletes to receive on their day of competition.