- This event has passed.
2022 PPH Unified Bocce
April 6, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2022 Special Olympics Penobscot/Piscataquis/Hancock Area
Unified Team Bocce Event Registration
Date: April 6, 2022 (Rain date- 4/8) Registration Due: March 16th
Location: Maine Maritime Academy, Castine
Time: 9:00 Registration, 9:30 Start
Event Chair: Jeff Bosse
Events offered: School Age Unified and Adult Unified Team Bocce. Teams are to consist of four participants including two Special Olympics Athletes and two Unified Partners.
The 2022 PPH Area Unified Team Bocce Event will be held in person at the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine. At this time we will be following all Return to Play Protocols in the Significant Risk Category. These protocols can be viewed here: Return to Play Protocols This may be subject to change and we will provide updates as necessary. The safety of those involved is our priority.
The Bocce event will be a bracket style single elimination tournament. Delegations may register 5 teams each. If larger delegations would like to register additional teams, this will be honored on a first come first serve basis until we reach our cap of 50 teams for the event. Qualifying scores are not required for registration. If adult age teams are in need of Unified Partners from MMA, you can indicate this in the registration process. Delegations may use up to 2 MMA partners each. Games will have a time limit of 20 minutes. Place ribbons and participation ribbons will be awarded.
Requirements for Participation in the PPH Area Unified Bocce:
Teams must complete the following:
Step 1: Complete PPH Area Unified Bocce HOD Registration Form by 3/16/22
Step 2: Complete PPH Area Unified Bocce Athlete & Unified Partner Registration Form by 3/16/22
Step 3: Read through Special Olympics Maine’s Return to Play Guidelines & Protocols
Step 4: Complete ALL required forms below for Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers & Unified Partners prior to the event if you have not already done so previously. (Covid forms do not expire, Volunteer A/Unified Partner forms and Athlete Medicals expire after 3 years)
- COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct & Risk Assessment Form (ALL) Submit online by clicking here or click here to download to complete
- COVID-19 Waiver (ALL) Submit online here or click here to download to complete
- Medical Form & Athlete Consent/Release Form) (Athletes Only)
- Volunteer A/Unified Partner (Coaches, Volunteers, Unified Partners Only)
- COVID-19 Point of Contact/Response Person (Typically the HOD or Head Coach that will be present during the event)
- COVID 19 Supplemental Form (ALL) At this time, this information is just for planning purposes, not for qualification for Special Olympics Maine events. Submit online by clicking here or click here to download to complete
Scan To: MikeL@somaine.org Fax To: 1-888-490-0672
Mail To: Special Olympics Maine, 525 Main Street Unit D, South Portland, ME 04106
Bocce Rules and Coaching Guides can be found here: http://www.somaine.org/sports/bocce/
There is an outdoor Bocce court located behind the VFW in Hampden for training when the weather allows. If you are in need of an indoor space for training, please reach out to us and we can help set that up!
The above registration information will also be available on somaine.org under the calendar of events for April.