- This event has passed.
Alpine Skiing Coach Certification Course
January 5 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on January 5, 2023 at 9:00 am
This event has been postponed! For more information contact Ian Frank
Special Olympics Maine and the Adaptive Outdoor Education Center (AOEC) are partnering together to provide a comprehensive off and on snow training for Special Olympics Maine Alpine Skiing Coaches led by Terrie Hoops (PSIA Alpine & Adaptive III, USSA 300 & head ski coach for Adaptive Outdoor Education Center) at Sugarloaf Mountain on January 4-5th. The AOEC has put together a great hospitality package (optional) for $40/night for those that would like to travel in on the 4th that includes overnight accommodations (provide your own linens), dinner (1/4) and breakfast (1/5)!
This will be offered in 2 parts (all participants must attend both parts):
- January 4, 2023 – Location Adaptive Outdoor Education Center – Carrabassett Valley (or Zoom)
- 5-6:30pm – Coaches Meeting (Participants can attend in-person at the AOEC or via Zoom)
- 6:30pm – Dinner at AOEC (for those registered for the hospitality package
- January 5, 2023 – Location Sugarloaf Mountain (meeting place TBD)
- 9-11am – On-snow training
- 11am-12pm – Lunch Break (provide your own)
- 12-2pm – On-snow training continued
- 2-3pm – Wrap-up