- This event has passed.
Alpine Skiing Coaches Training School
January 20, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Special Olympics Maine and the Adaptive Outdoor Education Center (AOEC) is partnering together to provide a comprehensive off and on snow training for Special Olympics Maine Alpine Skiing Coaches led by Terrie Hoops (PSIA Alpine & Adaptive III, USSA 300 & head ski coach for Adaptive Outdoor Education Center) at Sugarloaf Mountain on January 19 & 20th. The AOEC has put together a great hospitality package (optional) for $40 for those that would like to travel in on the 19th that includes overnight accommodations (provide your own linens), dinner (1/19) and breakfast (1/20)!
This will be offered in 2 parts (all participants must attend both parts):
- January 19, 2022 – Location Adaptive Outdoor Education Center – Carrabassett Valley (or Zoom)
- 5-6pm – Coaches Meeting (Participants can attend in-person at the AOEC or via Zoom)
- 6:30pm – Dinner at AOEC (for those registered for the hospitality package)
- January 20, 2022 – Location Sugarloaf Mountain (meeting place TBD)
- 9-11am – On-snow training
- 11am-12pm – Lunch Break (provide your own)
- 12-2pm – On-snow training continued
- 2-3pm – Wrap-up
All participants must register in-advance. To register, click here.