- This event has passed.
Cumberland Swim Meet
April 7 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Registration Due March 24th
Complete the information in this form to register your Delegation’s Athletes for the 2023 Cumberland County Swim Meet on Friday, April 7th @ Donald L. Richards Pool in Cape Elizabeth.
- PLEASE NOTE: AS WAS THE CASE IN PAST YEARS, THIS YEAR’S MEET IS BEING RUN IN TWO SESSIONS:
- SWIMMERS IN ALL AGE GROUPS WILL SWIM IN SESSION I
- DEVELOPMENTAL SWIMMERS (ALL AGES) WILL SWIM IN SESSION II
- Coaches must complete and submit the Head of Delegation Information Form .
- A separate Entry Form must be completed for each athlete. Submit entry times so that heats may be seeded
appropriately (Note: entry times may be times recorded by a coach in practice if the athlete has not swum the
event in a meet). All athletes MUST have times entered on their registration forms in order to compete.
- Each athlete may enter a maximum of two individual and one relay events . The entry form contains
specific instructions about the combination of events an athlete may enter. Please read these instructions
- A Medical Release Form must be current for each athlete.
- All athletes must be accompanied by a coach, family member, or staff person. For the assisted swim events,
athletes must provide their own assistants.
- Use the Team Relay Entry Form to enter relay teams. The age division of the relay is determined by the age
of the oldest member of the relay.
- THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 20 th ! Entry forms should be sent to:
9 Waterhouse Road
Gorham, ME 04038
and must be received on or before March 24 th ! No exceptions! This deadline is necessary to allow time to
prepare the meet program.
- The Town of Cape Elizabeth has been very generous in providing pool time to run this meet. Because other
activities will be going on at the pool prior to the start of our meet, we are asking teams/athletes not to arrive
prior to 9:30 am . The schedule for the day’s events is as follows:
9:30 Team Registration – Pool Lobby
10:15 Session I begins
12:00 Registration for Session II (if not already registered) – Pool Lobby
12:30 Session II will begin at the conclusion of Session I, but in no event sooner than 12:30
- No food concession will be provided at this meet. Athletes are encouraged to bring their own snacks and
drinks. Please note that no food or drinks other than water in plastic bottles is allowed in locker rooms, on
deck, or in the spectator seating area. Tables and chairs will be set up in the hall adjacent to the lobby to eat
snacks brought to the meet.
- Cancellation policy: If school is canceled in Cape Elizabeth on April 7, then the swim meet is also canceled.
- Directions to the Donald L. Richards Pool:
The Donald L. Richards Pool is located at the Cape Elizabeth High School.
From Portland , take Route 77 into Cape Elizabeth center. The entrance to the High School is a right hand turn
just past the IGA Shopping Center.
From Scarborough , take Route 77 into Cape Elizabeth center. The entrance to the High School is a left hand
turn just before the IGA Shopping Center. After turning into the High School, bear right and follow the road
around to the back of the school. There you will find parking and the entrance to the Pool.
- UNIFIED OPTION ! We will have the option for a Unified Swim Relay. This will consist of two Special
Olympians and two partners. Partners have to have all paperwork completed as described in the Unified Rules.
THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 24th
call Claire Poulin at 839-4588 for further information