- This event has passed.
Kennebec Area 10-Pin Bowling
October 25 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
2023 Special Olympics: Kennebec Area
10 Pin Bowling Registration
Event Date: October 25th, 2023
Registration Due: October 6th
Location: Sparetime Recreation – Hallowell
Assisted Ramp Bowling
NEW THIS YEAR – Unified Doubles Bowling (1 athlete & 1 Unified Partner)
Bowling Resources including a coaching guide and rules & regulations can be found here.
NEW THIS YEAR
Special Olympics Maine, as well as our Kennebec Area program, is piloting a new registration format for Head of Delegations. HODs will now be using Excel to complete full Delegation Registrations! This will allow the HOD to see their full roster (Coaches AND Athletes) at one time. HODs will be able to save a copy of their registration to their computer for their record, along with being able to work on rosters periodically leading up to the deadline, instead of completing registrations online without being able to save their progress
To Register Your Delegation:
Step 1: View Registration Excel *Email Mikel@somaine.org to request Kennebec 10-Pin Registration File*
Step 2: Download a copy of the Registration Excel to your computer by selecting File, then Save As, and Save As your Delegation Name-Bowling for the file name
Step 3: Complete a row for each Delegation member (HOD, Coach, Assistant Coaches, Athletes & Unified Partners). Complete all necessary YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED columns only. Qualifying score required.
Step 4: Save your completed registration copy
Step 5: Email final Delegation registration to MikeL@somaine.org by 10/6 (Please put your Delegation Name-Bowling Registration in the email subject line- thank you!)
If you have any questions regarding the registration process for our Kennebec Area Bowling event, please email MikeL@somaine.org.
Tips for using the excel spreadsheet:
- Editing of the original link has been blocked, you must download a copy and enable editing of the copy.
- The information you enter on the spreadsheet will be imported into our GMS system (vs being manually entered as done previously). It is VERY important to include accurate spellings of names and accurate DOB for all participants (including coaches).
- Incomplete forms with missing DOBs, events, qualifying scores, etc. will not be accepted.
- Complete one line for each participant. If the participant has two roles (ex. HOD & Certified Head Coach please enter their name on two lines.
- Be consistent with your delegation name (so GMS does not create separate delegations for you)
- Do not modify the format of this spreadsheet.
- Unified Doubles teams will need a team name for each (ex. Amicus-1, Amicus-2 etc.). The qualifying score for the doubles team will be the same for each person as it should be entered as their team total score.
- We are here to help troubleshoot, and are learning as well to smooth out any kinks!
Required Paperwork Reminder:
Complete ALL required forms below for Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers & Unified Partners prior to the event if you have not already done so previously. (Volunteer A/Unified Partner forms and Athlete Medicals expire after 3 years)
1) Athlete Forms (Medical, Release, Communicable Disease Waiver) or view online at Athlete Resources
2) Coach & Unified Partner Forms (Volunteer A & Communicable Disease Waiver) or view online at Volunteer Resources. Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Unified Partners over 18 please also visit the above link to complete the online background check and protective behaviors.
3) Head Coach Sport Certification (Each team needs at least 1 certified Head Coach in Bowling). Fall Bowling Certification Course TBA.
4) The required paperwork in #1-3 should be completed online or sent to Mike Littlefield at the Special Olympics Maine State Office. Scan To: MikeL@somaine.org Fax To: 1-888-490-0672 Mail To: Special Olympics Maine, 525 Main Street Unit D, South Portland, ME 04106
We look forward to a great event!