- This event has passed.
Penobscot, Piscataquis & Hancock Area Virtual 10 Pin Bowling
November 2, 2020 - November 13, 2020
Event Date: November 2, 2020 thru November 13, 2020
Registration Due: October 27, 2020
Event Chair: Sue Uhlenhake
This year our bowling event will be held virtually over two weeks, from Monday 11/2- Friday 11/13. Teams will be required to follow all Return to Play Phase 1 protocols (no more than 10 people at a time, masks, social distancing and proper sanitation, S.O. paperwork, etc). Teams will be able to choose a day and time block when they can bring their athletes to the bowling alley, and bowl two games. Their scores will then be submitted to us online, athletes will be divisioned by gender and age group and award certificates will be mailed. Qualifying scores will not be required.
We are happy to offer a bowling event this year, despite many things being different. Please note that the safety of all involved is our priority. Please read the below information in its entirety and contact us with any questions.
Instructions and links to all online forms are below and will also be available on the somaine.org calendar of events.
Coaches Guide to Virtual Bowling Event during Phase 1 Return to Activities
As we continue to Return to Activities under our Phase 1 Guidelines, the following requirements will be in place for a team/program to participate in the 2020 Penobscot Area Virtual Bowling Event:
- PHASE 1: No more than 10 total participants (including athletes, coaches, and volunteers) are permitted at a training site or event during the 1st phase of in-person activities. ·
- No in-person (state level or area level) competitions will be permitted during the fall season.
- All events/activities will be done virtually
- Phase 1 Protocols can be viewed here
- To ensure the safety of everyone at their training site by following all policies outlined within this guide and the Return to Activities plan for Phase 1.
- Complete all required forms and requirements.
- Everyone (coaches, volunteers, participants) MUST wear a mask upon arrival, departure, and during on lane activities. Individuals should bring their own mask to the site
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer throughout bowling games
- Check all hand sanitizer stations at bowling location
- Bowling Balls
- 1 ball/athlete (keep ball at lane at all times)
- Staff at Family Fun Lanes will sanitize balls after games are completed
- Ensure 6 people or less at each lane (including athletes, coaches, and volunteers
- Spaced every other lane
Requirements for Participation in the Virtual Bowling Event:
To conduct the virtual bowling event, teams authorized to conduct in-person activities must adhere to the following:
Before the Event (during registration):
- Each team must designate a COVID-19 Response Person for all questions related to COVID-19. This person is responsible for all team members and their adherence to Return to Play Protocols for each specific training or event. This could be the HOD that is present or the coach that is present during the activity.
- COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form: All participants are required to complete and return a COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form which provides information and guidance on assessing risk and acknowledges that participation could increase risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. This form is to be completed by all athletes, coaches, staff and volunteers and is valid for one year. (If participants have one on file at the state office, they do not need to complete another). Send forms to Mike Littlefield at mikeL@somaine.org, fax 1-888-490-0672 or mail to 125 John Roberts Rd. Suite 5, South Portland, ME 04106 before the event. Please keep a copy for your records.
- Bowling event registration must be completed online by the 10/27 due date. Qualifying scores are not required. Up to date medical and consent forms required. (Medical Extension – athletes whose medical expired after March 15th, 2020 and before September 30th, 2020 will be granted a 6 month grace period to renew their medical due to COVID 19, if needed.)
To register your team click here:
- Penobscot/Piscataquis/Hancock Area Virtual 10 Pin Bowling HOD Form
- Penobscot/Piscataquis/Hancock Area Virtual 10 Pin Bowling Athlete Registration
Day of Event Requirements:
- Screening Protocol and Screening and Tracking Form: The COVID-19 Response Person must screen and monitor all participants for symptoms – prior to entering the bowling alley.
- Complete Athlete COVID-19 Screening for all athletes participating in virtual event
- Complete Non-Athlete COVID-19 Screening for all non-athletes participating in virtual event (i.e. coaches, volunteers, support staff)
- Must conduct measurement of temperature using a thermometer. (If teams do not have access to a thermometer at their program, please notify us well in advance of the event.)
- If individuals participating in activities show symptoms, have a temperature of 100.4°F/37.8°C or higher, or are sick, they must be sent home.
- Everyone (coaches, volunteers, participants) MUST wear a mask upon arrival/departure and during on lane activities. Individuals should bring their own mask to the site.
- All participants must bring their own water to the bowling event. Team water coolers for sharing through disposable cups are not allowed. Fixed water fountains should not be used.
- Whenever possible, equipment and other personal items should be separated and not shared. If equipment must be shared, all equipment should be properly disinfected between users (i.e. bowling balls)
- Avoid shaking hands, fist bumps, or high fives before, during or after the event. Limit unnecessary physical contact with participants.
- Ensure that the venue is disinfected or sanitized, especially bathrooms.
- Activities that increase the risk of exposure to saliva are not allowed including chewing gum, spitting, licking fingers, and eating sunflower seeds.
- Participants must try to maintain appropriate social distancing at all times possible, including in the lanes.
- No spectators are allowed to congregate in the bowling alley. Individuals providing transportation for participants are to remain in vehicles until sessions are over. If participants need assistance, caregivers may remain provided but will be considered participants and must abide by all outlined requirements for participation.
Virtual Bowling Event Score Submission:
- After completion of 2 games, both scores will be submitted to the Penobscot Area Management Team using the score submission link here. Scores are to be submitted by 11/17. Athletes will then be divisioned by gender, age group and score. Teams will receive an email notice when award certificates have been mailed.
Questions? Contact Penobscot, Piscataquis & Hancock Area Manager.