Ice Out Plunge
March 17, 2018 –
Looking for some really COOL fun with some really COOL people?!? Make plans today to join us for the 5th annual "Ice Out Plunge" at Maranacook Lake on Saturday, March 17th to support a great cause! As luck would have it, this years plunge is on ST Patty's Day! Wear your best green outfit or costume to add to the fun. Immediately following the Plunge, join us for the "Post Plunge Party", it's always a hit, FREE buffet, cash bar and fun for all!!
ALL Plungers must raise a MINIMUM of $100. Those who do, and register properly, will receive a premium, long-sleeved commemorative 2018 "Ice Out Plunge" t-shirt! Additional (all new) incentives will apply for additional funds raised-ALSO grand prizes for top fundraisers (individuals & teams)!
Registration opens on the day of the Plunge at 9:30 am, at the Winthrop American Legion Post, 117 Bowdoin Street, Winthrop. We hope to see you there! Bring a Friend to plunge with you or form a Team (5 or more members) - the more the merrier!
Here are the Specifics for the 2018 Event:
- What: Annual Ice Out Plunge to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: Saturday March 17th, 2018 @ 12 Noon-sharp! (Regis opens 9:30am)
- Where: Maranacook Lake Town Beach, Winthrop
- And as always: The "Post Dip ST Patty's Day Party" to follow at the Winthrop American Legion Post (free buffet, cash bar & fun!)
Here's How to Participate:
- Individuals - MUST raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (additional prizes/incentives for additional funds raised)
- Teams - 5 or more plungers may register as a team (each team member MUST raise a minimum of $100.). Simply choose a team name (team costumes or the wearing of the green are encouraged) & register under that team name. (Additional prizes/incentives also apply based on funds individually raised)
Setup Your Personal Fundraising Page: Plungers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving by setting up a Personal Fundraising page (steps below)
- Go to https://www.firstgiving.com/someletr/ice-out-plunge-2018
- Click the "Join Now" button
- Customize the text and the photo on your Personal online Fundraising Page and express your passion and your purpose.
- Email your Personal Fundraising Page link & share via social networks with your family, friends, colleagues &/or anyone you think will help with your fundraising goal.
Bring a printout confirmation of your online funds raised when you register, as this will be applied to your total.
Print your Registration Packet:
Registration Day of Plunge:
- Saturday March 17th, 2018 - 9:30-11:45am at the Winthrop American Legion Post, 117 Bowdoin St, Winthrop.
For any other information, call Special Olympics Maine at 879-0489 visit us on FACEBOOK: Ice Out Plunge Facebook Page
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 22, 2019 – Franklin County Bowling (Adults)
- N/A, March 23, 2019 – 2019 Southern Maine Basketball Tournament
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 27, 2019 – Central Maine MATP
- N/A, March 29, 2019 – Kennebec County Swim Meet
- 8:45 am – 11:45 am, March 29, 2019 – Androscoggin County Level 2 Swim Meet
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 29, 2019 – Cumberland County Swim Meet
- N/A, April 3, 2019 – Androscoggin Country Bowling (Students)
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, April 5, 2019 – Franklin County Bowling (Students)
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, April 9, 2019 – Androscoggin County Area Meeting
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, April 9, 2019 – Oxford County Area Meeeting