Washington County Swim Practice
December 13, 2018N/A
Special Olympics Aquatics 2018 2019
Washington County Aquatic Club
Thursdays starting October 18. There will be 2 groups: 21 and under from 10-11am, 22 and over from 11am-12pm
*days there will be no practice: November 15 and 22, There will also be some dates in December/January that we will possibly be closed for holiday season and maintenance.
Attendance policy: Swimmers may not miss more than three scheduled practice dates listed on the regular schedule without a medical note. Swimmers will not be allowed to compete if they have not made the commitment to the team during the practice season. Swimmers are asked to show up on time and be prepared. We are only accepting 15 athletes for each group, if you do not feel that you can commit, please do not, so that your slot can be given to another athlete.
Meets: Our county/regional meet will be held Thursday, March 7th, and the State meet will be held at Bates College in mid April. Exact dates TBA. Swimmers who do not attend the regional meet can not attend the state meet. The meet is required to supply an entry time for the state meet.
What should come to practice: 1. A good attitude, 2. Appropriate swim wear 3. Goggles 4. Swim cap if hair falls below ears and 5. Water bottle.
Conduct Policy: * for athletes, spectators and support
- It is preferred that athletes that require 1:1 assistance have that assistance available to them at the pool during practice.
- Phones and other electronic recording devices are NOT allowed on the pool deck or locker rooms.
- Aides, teachers, and other support may watch from the hallway during practices, or choose to be a volunteer, moving around and interacting on deck. There will be no spectator seating until we have our regional meet.
- There are no outside shoes or glass bottles allowed on the pool deck.
- Locker room usage is a privilege. All athletes must be respectful to their teammates and facility patrons, all personal items should be put in a locker and locked if valuable. The locker room should be left in the the same or better shape than it was found. For school groups bringing a number of students, if you have male students we ask that you please bring a male adult to monitor locker room use as a safety concern for minors.
- N/A, April 24, 2019 – Oxford County Basketball
- 9:15 am – 10:15 am, April 26, 2019 – Cumberland County Track & Field Meet
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, April 26, 2019 – Franklin County Bowling (Adults)
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, April 27, 2019 – Candlepin Bowling Coach's Training School
- N/A, May 1, 2019 – Penobscot, Piscataquis & Hancock Area Track & Field Meet
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, May 1, 2019 – Bocce Coach's Training School
- N/A, May 3, 2019 – Washington County Track & Field Meet
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, May 4, 2019 – Equestrian Coach's Training School
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, May 8, 2019 – Southern Maine MATP
- N/A, May 10, 2019 – Aroostook County Track & Field Meet