2019 Ice Out Plunge
March 16, 2019 –
Participants are required to raise a MINIMUM of $100.00 to participate and will receive the official premium, performance blend, long-sleeved commemorative "Ice Out Plunge" t-shirt. Additional incentives are available based on additional monies raised. (Please see info enclosed.)
Here are the Specifics for the 2019 Event:
- What: Annual "Ice Out Plunge" to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: Saturday, March 16th @ 12 Noon sharp to plunge!
- Where: Winthrop Town Beach at Maranacook Lake
Registration will be held that morning from 9:30 - 11:30 am at the Winthrop American Legion Post 40 Hall, 117 Bowdoin Street, Winthrop
- Post Plunge Party: Winthrop American Legion Hall - All are invited - FREE buffet and CASH Bar
Here's How to Participate:
- Individuals - Raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (additional incentives & prizes apply)
- Teams - Form a Team! (5 or more plungers - each team member must raise the minimum $100.00). Choose a team name and register under that name. (additional incentives & prizes apply)
All plungers must be properly registered in order to participate (to register properly, you must raise a MINIMUM of $100.00). Turn in your money raised at registration, along with your signed release form (enclosed in this packet). You will then receive your plunge "bracelet" and your commemorative, premium long-sleeved t-shirt. NOTE: Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised (see additional info enclosed). GRAND PRIZES will also be awarded for the top individual and top team fundraising totals (certain requirements apply - see additional info enclosed)!
Setup a Personal Fundraising Page: Dippers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving
- Go to www.firstgiving.com/event/someletr/Ice-Out-Plunge-2019
- Click Join Now!
- Start Fundraising!
- 2019 Ice Out Plunge Incentives
- 2019 Ice Out Plunge Release Form
- 2019 Ice Out Plunge Pledge Sheet
- 2019 Ice Out Plunge Poster
Helpful Tips to Plungers:
- Plan to arrive early to park and register.
- "Gang style" changing areas will be available before and after the plunge (gender specific).
- Bring something to wear on your feet when entering the water (water shoes/old sneakers).
- Also bring a beach towel, blanket, bathrobe for when you exit the water. - Don't forget to bring your funds raised and your Firstgiving page (total raised printout) to registration.
- N/A, March 20, 2019 – 2019 Central Maine Basketball Tournament
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 22, 2019 – Franklin County Bowling (Adults)
- N/A, March 23, 2019 – 2019 Southern Maine Basketball Tournament
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 27, 2019 – Central Maine MATP
- N/A, March 29, 2019 – Kennebec County Swim Meet
- 8:45 am – 11:45 am, March 29, 2019 – Androscoggin County Level 2 Swim Meet
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, March 29, 2019 – Cumberland County Swim Meet
- N/A, April 3, 2019 – Androscoggin Country Bowling (Students)
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am, April 5, 2019 – Franklin County Bowling (Students)
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, April 9, 2019 – Oxford County Area Meeeting