Special Olympics Maine is inviting you back to the beach and to take the “Lobster Dip” for a great cause. Since 1988, Lobster Dippers have come together for a fun event and to raise much need funds for Special Olympics Maine. 2022 has been another challenging year for most, including Special Olympics Maine and your support is needed to kick-off 2023 now, more than ever!
We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip”!
Each participant must register in advance and fundraise a minimum of $100. Those who do, will receive the official 2023 commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Participate as an individual or form a team (5+ participants)! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised—ALSO grand prizes for top fundraiser & top team!
Choose your option to participate below:
- Lobster Dip – take the “Dip” in-person on January 1st at The Brunswick. *CDC guidelines and state gathering protocols will be adhered to*
- Two “Dip” waves will be offered: 10:30 AM or 12:00 Noon (Select the specific wave that works best for you when you register!)
- Satellite Lobster Dip – For those that prefer not to gather on January 1st, individuals will have the option to take the “Dip” elsewhere (choice of location, at their own risk) on or before January 1st.
How to Register:
Incentives & Prizes
Any dipper who raises the following receives a… (view all incentive items here)
- $100-$249: Commemorative 2023 Lobster Dip T-shirt
- $250-$499: 1/4 Zip or Hoodie
- $500-$999: Eddie Bauer Jacket or Lobster Dip Tote Bag
- $1,000 or more: North Face Jacket
- Top Lobster – top INDIVIDUAL participant raising the most money over $1,000: 25 Liver Lobsters*
- Top Lobster Pot – Team of 5 or more dippers who raise the most money over $2,500: 50 Live Lobsters*
- All dippers that register & raise over $500 by January 1, 2023 will be entered into a drawing to win a set of customized Lobster Dip Cornhole Boards!
*Lobster Prizes to be claimed between July – August 2023
How to Support:
Don’t want to take the dip but still want to support? Donate Today – support an individual dipper, a team or the event!
Share your fundraising page and let your family, friends, co-workers and your entire network know you are taking the Lobster Dip on your social media. #LobsterDip2023 #SpecialOlympicsMaine
- The Lobster Dip will adhere to COVID 19 CDC safety protocol and guidelines.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out and clothes to change into in your vehicle –no changing areas.