Big Chill Unified School Plunge
Maranacook Lake, Winthrop (New Location)
Special Olympics Maine is hosting its third annual Big Chill Unified School Plunge in Maranacook Lake in Winthrop on Saturday March 16th, 2019 hosted by American Legion Post #40. This plunge is specific for students. All funds raised will benefit Special Olympics Maine’s Unified Champion Schools programs with 30% of a school’s total money raised going directly back to the school to help fund current and future Unified Champion Schools’ initiatives. Come join the fun and show your school spirit while supporting a great cause! Participants are required to raise a MINIMUM of $75.00 and will receive the official commemorative Big Chill Unified School Plunge t-shirt. Additional incentives and prizes are available based on additional monies raised. (See Incentives below.)
Share the information below with students, faculty and your school community. Hang the School Poster in the school hallways and encourage your school community to participate in Big Chill Unified School Plunge to benefit not only Special Olympics Maine but their school as well!! Remember 30% of a school’s total money raised goes directly back to the school to help fund current and future Unified Schools’ initiatives like a Unified Sports program, Spread the Word to End the Word awareness campaign and other Unified Champion School’s initiatives. This is a great way to get all students and faculty involved to have a “Chill” time, promote inclusion and raise money for their school and Special Olympics Maine’s Unified Champion Schools program. Spread the Word today!
Here are the Specifics for the 3rd Annual 2019 Event:
- What: 3rd Annual Big Chill Unified School Plunge –to benefit Special Olympics Maine Unified Champion Schools Program
- When: Saturday March 16th, 2019 10am sharp to plunge!
- Where: Winthrop Town Beach at Maranacook Lake
Registration will be held that morning from 8:30 – 9:45 am at Winthrop American Legion Post 40, 117 Bowdoin St, Winthrop
- Pre-Plunge Pancake Breakfast: All participants will enjoy a Pancake breakfast prior to their plunge ($10/per non-plunger)
- Plunge Theme: “School Spirit” – participants are encouraged to show their school. The school showcasing the most school spirit will be recognized after the Plunge.
Here’s How to Participate:
Raise a MINIMUM of $75 and register properly (additional incentives & prizes apply). The day of the plunge all participants must also properly register in order to participate which includes turning in money raised at check-in, along with a signed release form (enclosed in this packet). Plungers will then receive a plunge “bracelet” and a commemorative t-shirt. NOTE: Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised (see additional info enclosed). GRAND PRIZES will also be awarded for the top individual and top school fundraising totals (certain requirements apply – see additional info enclosed)
Setup a Personal Fundraising Page: Plungers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving
- Go to www.firstgiving.com/event/SOME/BIG-CHILL-Unified-Champion-Schools-Plunge
- Click Join Now!
- Start Fundraising!
Helpful Tips to Plungers:
- Plan to arrive early to park and register.
- “Gang style” changing areas will be available before and after the plunge (gender specific).
- Bring something to wear on your feet when entering the water (water shoes/old sneakers).
- Also bring a beach towel, blanket, bathrobe for when you exit the water. – Don’t forget to bring your funds raised
- ALL Individuals raising a minimum of $75.00 will receive a commemorative Big Chill Unified School Plunge t-shirt.
- Individuals raising a minimum of $250 will receive a commemorative Big Chill Unified School Plunge sweatshirt (and T-shirt)
- Top Big Chill Participant – top individual fundraiser raising over $500 will receive a $100 visa gift card.
- Top Big Chill School – top fundraising school raising over $1,000 will receive an additional 10% (above the 30%) of all funds raised by their students and a traveling trophy for “school bragging rights!”
- Top Big Chill School Spirit Award – schools with the most school spirit will be recognized after the Plunge.
Other important information:
- School Plunge Incentives 2019
- School Plunge Release Form 2019 (all participants must sign and turn in at check-in the day of the plunge)
- School Plunge Pledge Sheet 2019
- School Poster (Post in the hallways at school to encourage more participants to support your school)