“Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.”
– Athlete Oath
We’re excited to have you as a part of our team! To get connected locally, find Special Olympics near you and contact your Area Manager
Below, find links to many of the resources you’ll need as a Special Olympics athlete.
- SOMaine Return To Activities Protocol – Special Olympics Maine’s COVID 19 Back to Play plan
- SOMaine COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Form – During COVID 19 Back to Play Protocol is in place, Special Olympics Maine is requesting that each participant (athlete, coach, unified partner etc) complete and submit this form to the state office.
- SOMaine Athlete Registration – To participate in training and competition, all athletes are required to complete a release and medical form. The medical form is required to be updated every 3 years. All new athletes must have a doctor sign the form to clear participation.
- SOMaine Young Athletes Registration – Children ages 2-7 with intellectual disabilities are eligible to participate in our Young Athletes program. A parent or guardian must complete this form in order for the child to be an eligible participant.
- Athlete Code of Conduct – Our expectations of athletes and Unified Partners are explained in our Code of Conduct.
- SOME Athlete Eligibility Policy– Find out about our age and disability requirements to train and compete as a Special Olympics athlete.
- SOME Athlete Housing Policy– Find out about our athlete housing requirements for overnight events/competitions.
- SOME Athlete Participation Policy – Find out about our requirements to participate in our program.
- Athletics Home Training Guide – This athletics home Training guide can best be used as a reference for athletes, friends and family members who want to improve track and field skills, improve the athlete’s overall body development and increase his or her level of physical fitness.
Questions about competing and training as a Special Olympics athlete?
Director of Sports & Programs
207-879-0489 x 13