Unified Champion Schools Playbooks
- Unified Champion Schools Elementary School Playbook
- Unified Champion Schools Middle School Playbook
- Unified Champion Schools High School Playbook
Unified Champion Schools National Banner School Standards
- Unified Champion Schools Elementary School Standards
- Unified Champion Schools Middle & High School Standards
- Unified Champion Schools College Standards
Unified Champion Schools Funding
Special Olympics Maine is pleased to announce once again that funding will be available for schools to support their Unified Champion Schools efforts. To become eligible for this funding, schools that apply must exhibit how they will incorporate all three Unified School components, listed below, into their school community.
- Unified Sports
- Unified Youth Leadership
- Whole School Awareness
The combination of all three Unified Champion School components in a school setting continues to provide the best approach for schools. Special Olympics Maine has witnessed first-hand the tremendous results Unified Champion Schools has had on school climates when these three Unified Champion School components are implemented within a school community. The results have been overwhelmingly positive and have shown to bring positive change to entire school communities, such as accepting and respecting ALL students while also offering new opportunities to those who typically did not have them.
Based on funding we received, Special Olympics Maine will be able to offer schools who meet criteria an opportunity to receive funding as follows:
- Awards will range from $1-$6,000.00 based on project.
- 1st year MPA Interscholastic Special Olympics Unified Basketball & Volleyball applicants max request – $2,500.00
- 2nd year MPA Interscholastic Special OlympicsUnified Basketball & Volleyball applicants max request – $2,000.00
- 1st and 2nd year MPA Interscholastic Special Olympics Unified Bocce applicants max request – $1,000.00
- 1st and 2nd year Middle School Interscholastic Special Olympics Unified Basketball applicants max request – $2,000.00
Please note that schools that have received funding for 2+ years cannot apply for ANY funding unless the school has plans to start an additional Unified Sports program. And also note that the same criteria and incorporation of the three Unified Schools components outlined above will apply.
Applications will be accepted until April 1, 2020 or until funding is exhausted. Please review the application questions and draft responses prior to starting the application. Special Olympics Maine 2019-20 Unified Schools Funding Questions. Once the application has been started it will need to be completed/submitted at the same time; there is no way to save or re-enter at a later time. Once an application is submitted the School Administrator and Unified School Liaison will receive an email notification with the contents of their submitted application.
Other Unified Champion School Resources
- SOME Maine Unified Champion Schools Youth Council Application 2019-20
- Unified Champion Schools Language Guidelines
- How to Start a Unified Sports Program – Student Guide
- Unified Champion Schools Youth Leadership Guide
- Unified Physical Education Resource
- Unified Fitness for Schools Resource
- Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools Resources
- Spread the Word Inclusion: r-word.org
- SO Get Into It
- SO College
- Maine Principals’ Association: www.mpa.cc