Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Forms
Special Olympics Maine requires Class A Volunteers & Unified Partners to meet a set of minimum requirements prior to their involvement in any Special Olympics Maine activities. Class A Volunteers are but not limited to: coaches, assistant coaches, unified partners, head of delegations & chaperones. Refer to the list below of Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner minimum requirements.
- SOME Volunteer Eligibility Policy– Our Volunteer Eligibility Policy lists requirements to be eligible to volunteer with Special Olympics including age requirements, forms, and background checks.
Before serving in any of these roles each individual must first complete the minimum requirements below. A properly registered Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner is required to submit the Background Check, Protective Behaviors and Concussion Awareness & Safety Training every three years.
- Complete a Background Check – complete a background check online through Sterling Volunteers
- Complete Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Form, Release & Communicable Disease Waiver.
- Complete Protective Behaviors training (only required if 18 years old and older, unless enrolled in High School)
- Complete Concussion Awareness & Safety Training (Head Coaches only & only required if 18 years old & older)
Need a hard copy of the forms mentioned above? PDF versions below:
Recommendations: Electronically save all completed Athlete Registration forms.
All Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration forms completed using Adobe Sign will automatically be submitted directly to Special Olympics Maine. Additional forms can be submitted using the methods below:
- BY EMAIL (recommended): firstname.lastname@example.org
- BY FAX: 1-888-490-0672
- BY MAIL: Special Olympics Maine, 525 Main St Unit D, South Portland, ME 04106
Additional Volunteer & Coach Resources
Questions about becoming a Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer? Contact us.