Special Olympics Maine requires Class A Volunteers & Unified Partners to meet a set of minimum requirements prior to their involvement in any Special Olympics Maine activities. Refer to the list below of Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner minimum requirements.
Before serving in any of these roles each individual must first complete the 4 minimum requirements below (Head Coach must complete 5 minimum requirements). Each of the minimum requirements must be completed every three (3) years.
- Complete a Background Check – complete a background check online through Sterling Volunteers
- Complete Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Form & Release. Submit online or download PDF to complete
- Complete Protective Behaviors training (only required if 18 years old and older, unless enrolled in High School)
- Complete Concussion Awareness & Safety Training (Head Coaches only & only required if 18 years old & older)
- Complete Communicable Disease Release of Liability Waiver – All athletes, Unified partners, coaches and volunteers must submit this waiver to Special Olympics Maine prior to returning to in-person activities. Submit online or download PDF to complete.
- Complete COVID 19 Supplemental Form – All athletes, Unified partners, coaches and volunteers are requested to submit this form to Special Olympics Maine prior to returning to in-person activities. At this time, this information is just for planning purposes, not for qualification for Special Olympics Maine events. Submit online via the Return to Play App by clicking here, or DocUSign or click here to download to complete download to complete.
Recommendations for completing PDF documents:
- Download document from links above
- Open & complete the downloaded SOMaine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Packet file on your computer.
- Save your completed SOMaine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Packet with your name on the file (i.e. SOMaine Volunteer Registration – John Doe)
- Please submit all registration forms to:
- BY EMAIL: IanF@somaine.org (preferred method)
- FAX: 1-888-490-0672
- BY MAIL: Special Olympics Maine, 525 Main St Unit D, South Portland, ME 04106
Special Olympics Maine documents & tracks all registered participants requirements. At any time, an individual or a Local Program can contact Special Olympics Maine (email@example.com) to receive a compliance report with their participants’ minimum requirements status.