Special Olympics Maine requires Class A Volunteers & Unified Partners to meet a set of minimum requirements prior to their involvement in any Special Olympics Maine activities. Refer to the list below of Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner minimum requirements.
Before serving in any of these roles each individual must first complete the 4 minimum requirements below (Head Coach must complete 5 minimum requirements). Each of the minimum requirements must be completed every three (3) years.
- Complete a Background Check – complete a background check online through Sterling Volunteers (free through August 31, 2020! Special Olympics Maine is requesting all previous and new Class A Volunteer & Unified Partners to complete a background check prior to August 31, 2020.
- Submit Special Olympics Maine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Form & Release
- Complete Protective Behaviors training (only required if 18 years old and older, unless enrolled in High School)
- Complete Concussion Awareness & Safety Training (Head Coaches only & only required if 18 years old & older)
- Submit Communicable Disease Release of Liability Waiver – All athletes, Unified partners, coaches and volunteers must submit this waiver to Special Olympics Maine prior to returning to in-person activities. To complete the Communicable Disease Participant Waiver choose form 1 of 2 options below:
Recommendations for completing PDF documents:
- Download document from links above
- Open & complete the downloaded SOMaine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Packet file on your computer.
- Save your completed SOMaine Class A Volunteer & Unified Partner Registration Packet with your name on the file (i.e. SOMaine Volunteer Registration – John Doe)
- Please submit all registration forms to:
- BY EMAIL: IanF@somaine.org (preferred method)
- FAX: 1-888-490-0672
- BY MAIL: Special Olympics Maine, 125 John Roberts Rd #5, South Portland, ME 04106
Special Olympics Maine documents & tracks all registered participants requirements. At any time, an individual or a Local Program can contact Special Olympics Maine (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive a compliance report with their participants’ minimum requirements status.