Alpine skiing is a demanding sport, and athletes will benefit by being in good physical condition to compete successfully and safely. Alpine skiing requires, in addition to a basic combination of endurance and strength, a high capacity of quickness, and action/reaction endurance. Through proper training, athletes improve their physical, psychological, and mental efficiency.
Find a Special Olympics Area program near you to participate. Contact your Area Manager if you're interested in starting this sport in your Area.
- Alpine Skiing Coaching Guide
- Planning a Training Season
- Teaching Alpine Skiing Skills
- SOMaine Alpine Skiing Rules & Regulations
- SOI Alpine Skiing Resources
Alpine Skiing Events & Coach's Training Schools
- N/A, January 27, 2019 – January 29, 2019 – 2019 State Winter Games
- N/A, February 11, 2019 – February 12, 2019 – Penobscot, Piscataquis & Hancock Area Winter Games
- N/A, February 14, 2019 – Androscoggin County Winter Games/Dance