Adapted from the games of ice hockey and ringette, floor hockey is an indoor hockey game played on a flat floor surface, such as a basketball court. The players on each team attempt to shoot a ball or puck into a goal using sticks, usually with a curved end.
Floor Hockey is only offered as a local sport so find a Special Olympics Area program near you to participate. Contact your Area Manager if you're interested in starting this sport in your Area.
Get an overview of the sport of Special Olympics floor hockey. View the Floor Hockey Fact Sheet
- Floor Hockey Coaching Guide
- Planning a Floor Hockey Training Season
- Teaching Floor Hockey Skills
- Floor Hockey Rules and Protocols
- SOI Floor Hockey Resources
- Quick Start Guide