Snowshoeing has become a favorite outdoor winter activity. Combining aerobic activity with ease of walking over snow without sinking in, snowshoeing is an activity for all ages. Snowshoe races are part of the Winter Special Olympics at the State and Regional level.
Find a Special Olympics Area program near you to participate. Contact your Area Manager if you're interested in starting this sport in your Area.
Get an overview of the sport of Special Olympics snowshoeing. View the Snowshoeing Fact Sheet
- SOMaine Snowshoeing Rules & Regulations
- Snowshoeing Coaching Guide
- Planning a Snowshoeing Training Season
- Teaching Snowshoeing Skills
- SOI Snowshowing Resources