Special Olympics Maine along with Special Olympics Inc. is introducing a whole new way to exercise… AT HOME! Work out with these videos (4-5 times per week!) to help you stay fit and reach your athletic goals.
Make (and reach!) your fitness goals.
Fill out a Fitness Tracker to get the most out of your workouts! Download and print out your tracker, and write down when you work out. Seeing your progress on paper can motivate you, help you set realistic fitness goals, and even beat them. Click here for your month-long Fitness Tracker
- What’s Next!? Send that photo on to Lauren (LaurenL@somaine.org) here at SOME on every Sunday by Noon!
- Keep your eyes open every Monday on Special Olympics Maine’s social media pages for our Weekly Warrior Collages!
Special Olympics Maine will reward 3 athletes monthly who have participated in the Weekly Warrior Program. Athletes will be entered into a drawing for Special Olympics Maine Swag Prizes!
- Suggested 3-4 days of workout videos
- Complete SOME Weekly Warrior Google Form at the end of each week (Saturday)
- Submit photo with completed WW Certificate
Hey Coaches and Caregivers!
Special Olympics has released optimal healthy resources for you as well! The Coaches Playbook and the Caregiver Kit are two resources created to help make work outs fun and healthy eating habits easily achieved!
- The Coaches Playbook: Use our Coach’s Playbook to help make working out feel fun during training sessions. You can also use it to give athletes exercise ideas they can do on their own.
- The Caregivers Kit: Find even more ways to have fun while eating healthy with our Caregiver’s Kit. You’ll get nutrition tips and tricks that encourage your athlete to make healthy choices on their own. You’ll also get a fitness tracker you and your athlete can use to set goals and record progress.
Be on the lookout for new weekly videos and extra challenges coming soon!
Every Wednesday, Special Olympics Maine will be offering a new workout for our athletes, coaches, unified partners, and volunteers! These Wednesday’s will feature guest coaches and modifications to exercises. Check out Special Olympics Maine Facebook Page & Special Olympics Maine YouTube Channel to access ALL workouts!LL workouts!