Are you BRRAAAVVE enough to “SHELL-A-BRATE” New Year’s Day at the beach?
Join us for our 36th Annual New Year’s Day Lobster Dip at The Brunswick in Old Orchard Beach. All proceeds benefit our athletes at Special Olympics Maine.
Special Olympics Maine is inviting you back to the beach and to take the “Lobster Dip” for a great cause. In 1988 members of the Portland Rugby Club organized the first Lobster Dip under the leadership of Head Lobster Rocky Frenzelli. Since then, Lobster Dippers have come together for a fun event to raise much need funds for Special Olympics Maine.
We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip”!
In 2023 we had a record-breaking year with over 500 registered brave souls and raised over $175,000! Can we reach our NEW goal of $200,000?!
How to Participate:
Each participant must register in advance and fundraise a minimum of $100. Those who do, will receive the official 2024 commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Participate as an individual or form a team (5+ participants)! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised—ALSO grand prizes for top fundraiser & top team!
Choose your option to participate below:
- Lobster Dip – take the “Dip” in-person on January 1st at The Brunswick.
- Two “Dip” waves will be offered: 11:00 AM or 12:00 Noon (Select the specific wave that works best for you when you register!)
- Satellite Lobster Dip – For those that prefer not to gather on January 1st, individuals will have the option to take the “Dip” elsewhere (choice of location, at their own risk) on or before January 1st.
How to Register:
All participants must pre-register here through Panorama and setup a personal fundraising page. Panorama allows you to share your fundraising page, collect online donations, track your offline donations (cash & checks) you collect and input (recommended step to keep real-time fundraising totals). Panorama also provides real-time fundraising efforts for individual dippers and teams on the event leaderboard.
Incentives & Prizes
Any dipper who raises the following receives a…
- $100-$249: Commemorative 2024 Lobster Dip T-shirt
- $250-$499: Choice of one of the items below
- $500-$999: Choice of one of the items below
- $1,000 or more: Choice of one of below
- Top Lobster – top INDIVIDUAL participant (Dipper) raising the most money over $1,000: 25 Liver Lobsters*
- Top Lobster Pot – Team of 5 or more dippers who raise the most money over $2,500: 50 Live Lobsters*
*Prize to be claimed between July – August 2024
Share your fundraising page and let your family, friends, co-workers and your entire network know you are taking the Lobster Dip on your social media.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out and clothes to change into in your vehicle –no changing areas.
- Save time and check in early the week of the dip at the Special Olympics Maine office located on 525 Main Street, South Portland. Check-in times will be released as we get closer to the event.