LOBSTER DIP 2018
URGENT NEWS REGARDING THIS WEEKS LOBSTER DIP
LOBSTER DIP 2018 SCHEDULED FOR Saturday January 13th HAS ONCE AGAIN BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO PREDICTED HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS
NEW DATE IS SATURDAY JANUARY 20TH AT NOON SHARP IN FRONT OF THE BRUNSWICK HOTEL AT OLD ORCHARD BEACH
(Registration that morning from 9-11:30)
29 years without an issue and yet here we are now at our 30 year celebration with a second postponement of the Lobster Dip. We just cannot seem to catch a break this year. With an ice storm predicted for this Saturday, our emergency personnel as well as a couple of our divers, parking attendants and more will not be able to attend. Without the full emergency teams in place and with the risk of dangerous travel conditions for our dippers we just cannot take that risk.
For some of you we know this is great news and for others it will be a disappointment.
We apologize for the inconvenience… we are all extremely disappointed and we are hopeful that most of you will be able to re-schedule right along with us and join us on Saturday January 20th…same dip time (Noon), same Dip place (Brunswick Hotel Old Orchard Beach)
WE KNOW NEW ENGLANDERS ARE TOUGH AND WE KNOW YOU CAN HANDLE ANYTHING. WE KNOW THAT MANY OF YOU HAVE PROBABLY DRIVEN IN WORSE CONDITIONS. WE KNOW THE WEATHER COULD END UP CHANGING AND BE A PERFECT DIP DAY. WE ALSO KNOW THAT WE CARE ABOUT ALL OF YOU AND WE JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE. HOPING THE CHANGE WILL BE A RELIEF TO MANY OF YOU AND MAYBE EVEN MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR SOME NEW FOLKS TO STILL JOIN US!
Lobster Dip 2018
Maine's "ORIGINAL" Dip
Are you planning to have the most fun possible on New Year's Day? Then you must be planning to join us for the #LobsterDip!!
- What: Annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: New Year's Day - January 1st @ 12 Noon - sharp! Postponed to Saturday January 13th!
- Where: Old Orchard Beach in front of The Brunswick (39 West Grand Ave)
- And as always: The renowned "Post Dip Party" to follow at The Brunswick (free buffet, cash bar, music, football & fun!)
Here's How to Participate:
- Individuals - MUST raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (add'l prizes/incentives for add'l funds raised)
- Teams - 5 or more dippers may register as a team (each team member MUST raise a minimum of $100.). Simply choose a team name (team costumes are encouraged) & register under that team name. (Add'l prizes/incentives also apply based on funds individually raised)
Setup Your Personal Fundraising Page:
Dippers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving by setting up a Personal Fundraising page (steps below)
- Go to www.firstgiving.com/SOME/
- Click Start Fundraising button
- Select Lobster Dip 2018
- Customize the text and the photo on your online Personal Fundraising Page and express your passion and your purpose.
- Email your Personal Fundraising Page link & share via social networks with you family, friends, colleagues &/or anyone you think will help with your fundraising goal.
Bring a printout confirmation of your online funds raised when you register, as this will be applied to your total.
Registration Packet: Coming Soon!
- Lobster Dip Memo for 2018
- Lobster Dip Incentives Flyer 2018
- Lobster Dip Release Form 2018 (all dippers must complete and turn in when regsitering)
- Lobster Dip 2018 Pledge Sheet
- Lobster Dip 2018 Team Poster- (post in the office, local establishments etc to increase the number of Dippers on your team)
2 ways to Register (day of or early; to beat the rush)
Register early and beat the rush. Registration dates, times and location below:
- Pre-Register: more details to come!
Register Day of Dip - Sunday, January 1st, 2018 - register between 9AM & 11:30 AM, The Brunswick - 39 West Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
- Plan to arrive by at least 11:00 AM, even if you have pre-registered - to allow time to find a parking and get into The Brunswick.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.)to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out -limited changing rooms.
- If you have pre-registered, but have more money to turn in on Dip Day, you may do so that morning at registration!