and we hope you are coming too! Remember, it’s Maine’s original dip!
And it’s not just a Dip – it’s a day-long event. Post Dip party includes free buffet, live music, cash bar and fun, fun and more fun! Hundreds of our faithful will be on hand and we want you to be there to. It’s time to start making plans, forming teams, setting up your personal fundraising page and get ready for the 32nd annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine! Bring a friend this year!
In 1988 members of the Portland Rugby Club organized the first Lobster Dip under the leadership of Head Lobster Rocky Frenzelli. We thank all of you who have stayed with us and with Maine’s “ORIGINAL” Dip throughout the years and welcome anyone new who would like to “take the dip!”
In 2018, Dippers raised over $100,000 dollars for our statewide, year-round program of sports training and athletic competitions for the more than 4,300 athletes with intellectual disabilities we serve across the state!
ALL Dippers must raise a minimum of $100. Those who do, and register properly, will receive a premium long-sleeved commemorative Lobster Dip t-shirt! Additional incentives will apply for additional funds raised-ALSO grand prizes for top fundraisers!
Here are the Specifics for the 2019 Event – All NEW incentives again this year! Check Them Out!
- What: Annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: New Year’s Day – January 1st @ 12 Noon – sharp! Where: Old Orchard Beach in front of The Brunswick (39 West Grand Ave)
- And as always: The renowned “Post Dip Party” to follow at The Brunswick (food, cash bar, music, football &fun!)
Here’s How to Participate:
- Individuals – MUST raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (add’l prizes/incentives for add’l funds raised)
- Teams – 5 or more dippers may register as a team (each team member MUST raise a minimum of $100.). Simply choose a team name (team costumes are encouraged) & register under that team name.(Add’l prizes/incentives also apply based on funds raised)
Setup a Personal Fundraising Page: Dippers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving
- Go to www.firstgiving.com/SOME
- Click Start Fundraising button
- Select Lobster Dip 2019
- Customize the text and the photo on your online Personal Fundraising Page and express you passions and your purpose.
- Email your Personal Fundraising Page link & share via social media networks with your family, friends, colleagues &/or anyone you think will help you with your fundraising goal.
- Lobster Dip Memo for 2019
- Lobster Dip Incentives Flyer 2019
- Lobster Dip 2019 Release from (all dippers must complete & submit when registering)
- Lobster Dip 2019 Pledge Sheet
- Lobster Dip 2019 "Join our Team" Poster
Two Ways to Register – Register day of or early and beat the rush. Registration dates, times and location below:
- Pre-Register – Friday, December 28th, 2018 & Monday, December 31st, 2018 – register between 9 AM & 5 PM Special Olympics Maine State Office - 125 John Roberts Road – Unit #5 South Portland, ME 04106
- Register Day of Dip - Sunday, January 1st, 2019 – register between 9AM & 11:30 AM,The Brunswick - 39 West Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
- Plan to arrive by at least 11:00 AM, even if you have pre-registered – to allow time to find a parking spot and get into The Brunswick.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.) to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out –limited changing areas..
- If you have pre-registered, but have more money to turn in on Dip Day, you may do so that morning at registration!