Lobster Dip 2017
Maine's "ORIGINAL" Dip
Are you planning to have the most fun possible on New Year's Day? Then you must be planning to join us for the #LobsterDip2017!!
Here are the Specifics for the 2017 Event - All NEW incentives again this year!
- What: Annual Lobster Dip to benefit Special Olympics Maine
- When: New Year's Day - January 1st @ 12 Noon - sharp!
- Where: Old Orchard Beach in front of The Brunswick (39 West Grand Ave)
- And as always: The renowned "Post Dip Party" to follow at The Brunswick (free buffet, cash bar, music, football & fun!)
Here's How to Participate:
- Individuals - MUST raise a MINIMUM of $100. and register properly (add'l prizes/incentives for add'l funds raised)
- Teams - 5 or more dippers may register as a team (each team member MUST raise a minimum of $100.). Simply choose a team name (team costumes are encouraged) & register under that team name. (Add'l prizes/incentives also apply based on funds individually raised)
Setup Your Personal Fundraising Page:
Dippers will have the capability once again, for fundraising online via FirstGiving by setting up a Personal Fundraising page (steps below)
- Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/SOME
- Click Start Fundraising button
- Select Lobster Dip 2017
- Customize the text and the photo on your online Personal Fundraising Page and express your passion and your purpose.
- Email your Personal Fundraising Page link & share via social networks with you family, friends, colleagues &/or anyone you think will help with your fundraising goal.
Bring a printout confirmation of your online funds raised when you register, as this will be applied to your total.
- Lobster Dip 2017 Memo
- Lobster Dip 2017 Incentives
- Lobster Dip 2017 Release form (all dippers must complete and turn in when regsitering)
- Lobster Dip 2017 Pledge Sheet
- Lobster Dip 2017 "Join our Team" Poster - (post in the office, local establishments etc to increase the number of Dippers on your team)
2 ways to Register (day of or early; to beat the rush)
Register early and beat the rush. Registration dates, times and location below:
- Pre-Register: Thursday December 29th & Friday December 30th, 2016 - register between 9AM-5PM. Special Olympics Maine State Office - 125 John Roberts Road - Unit #5 South Portland, ME 04106
Register Day of Dip - Sunday, January 1st, 2017 - register between 9AM & 11:30 AM, The Brunswick - 39 West Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
- Plan to arrive by at least 11:00 AM, even if you have pre-registered - to allow time to find a parking and get into The Brunswick.
- Bring (beach shoes/old sneakers, etc.)to wear into the water, and a towel/blanket/robe for when you come out -limited changing rooms.
- If you have pre-registered, but have more money to turn in on Dip Day, you may do so that morning at registration!